The Hub Service
The physical structure of GTEC has been designed to support a business resource called the HUB. The HUB is the Business Resource Centre and the economic engine of the GTEC.
The key role for the HUB is to proactively build the GTEC brand and create economic opportunity for its businesses. The HUB, staffed by professionals and specialists with access to a universe of resources will seek and serve the needs and create economic advantage for the businesses residing in the GTEC. The HUB will proactively brand the GTEC and monitor business activities to ensure key performance indicators are being achieved.
The HUB addresses barriers to entry for small to mid-size Asian manufacturers and enterprises. The HUB will create an economy of scale that no single business could achieve on its own. The HUB is a proactive marketing and sales service structured to attract, retain and expand the business for each business owner in the GTEC. Leveraging and tabbing into the HUB’s marketing and sales resources will help enable GTEC businesses compete in the market place with effective and more direct access to both the North America and global distribution channels.
The HUB will be the nerve centre of the GTEC. One key deliverable of the HUB is to assist in assuring that products comply with Canadian Standards and Codes, and to provide the necessary insight, values, tools and resources for our manufacturing entrepreneurs to succeed in the competitive North American and global market exporting landscape.
The success of the GTEC is tied to the success of its residing businesses. The HUB will be the business nerve centre of the GTEC. One key deliverable of the HUB is to assist in assuring that exporting and importing products comply with Canadian Standards and Codes, and to provide the necessary insight, values, tools and resources for our business entrepreneurs to succeed in the competitive North American and global market exporting landscape.
The HUB Services Functions
The HUB is designed to operate under five core service functions: Operations, Marketing Service, Sales Support, B2B System Service, and Logistics Management.
- General property and management
- GTEC brand and destination marketing and public relations
- Service partner resources in HR and labour relations services
- Service partner resources in business accounting and tax services
- Financial and Insurance services advisory
- Legal Services: Incorporations, Trademarks, Contracts, Business Advice
- Vendor management
- Logo and branding
- Sales sheets, print materials, website, catalogues, etc.
- Social media management
- Presentation material for industry and wholesale buyers
- Support materials for sales agents and distribution channels
- Website / Search Engine Optimization/E-Blasts
- Sales strategy and sales planning
- Sales Agents/Agencies agreements
- List management, Assistance in key accounts and contracts
- Sales presentation
- Promote workshop visit and shopping
- Outbound telemarketing service
- Trade Show Services
- Warehousing management system
- Custom declaration and clearance
- Shipping and fulfillment
- 'Just-In-Time' model optimization management
- Data and business communication management
- Direct match making link of global suppliers and buyers
- Product categories covering thousands of products
- Connect to thousands of North American buyers and suppliers
- Professional business team management and operations
- Dedicated live service and technical support
- Secured online transaction and payment system
- Database management and CRM system